Sunday, November 19, 2006

Small World

I'm constantly amazed at what a small world we live in. I photographed Jess and Jason's wedding in Cochrane, Alberta, and Sally, one of her bridesmaids, went to the same high school that Merry and I went to! In fact, Sally and I were in the same English class in grade 11 taught by Mr. Liandzi, one of the most insane, craziest teachers ever. (He was also my favourite teacher... hmmmm)


So since then, she got married to Wade down in Cuba a while ago. A really cool guy. They now live in Vancouver, which makes the meeting even more uncanny, considering we're located in Edmonton, we all met in Calgary, and all went to this wedding in Cochrane.


And now all of a sudden here we all are, a mini high school reunion. It was so neat so during the reception, we took Sally and Wade outside in the COLD and took a couple 'engagement style' shots of them.


Well, everyone was freezing after 3 minutes so here's what came out of the unplanned, rushed, half-frozen shoot.


Didn't turn out too bad, I'd say. It's always fun to run into people from the past and catch up! Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger LuckyRedHen said...

You sure worked the lighting on that first one - love the moment ++ :O)

(As a side note on cross process: I had been afraid of it before too, until I picked up a tip on OSP to bring down the opacity... x-pro doesn't work on all shots but images with BLUE seem to have better lucky --- try it out!)

12:39 AM  
Blogger Bruce said...

Great images, Lloyd. Shooting at night can be such a challenge, and you performed very well. I love that sepia toned image ... very cool composition!! ++

Bruce Erik Steffine

1:38 AM  
Blogger McCrystal Image Photography said...

The quality of light on the B/W shots is just amazing. I love it when you can find a beautiful available source in the cold. It doesn't look hurried at all.

I love to hear stories like that. That is a lot of how our business has grown. Who you knew and who they knew and who they knew as well. It's like a large circle of old friends. I like it that way.

Keep up the amazing work++

2:31 AM  
Blogger Cosima Swifka said...

Yes, it really IS a small world. I hear myself saying that all the time.
What a cool little gathering you ended up having.
Those shots are really awesome! The clarity is outstanding!
NIGHT SHOTS ROCK!
-Coz

11:57 PM  
Blogger Dustin Izatt said...

Oh my, I love those shots, my favorite is the last one, great composition. :) ++

1:07 PM  
Blogger kristinbednarz said...

That is such a cool story! ++

I love it when things like that happen in life. You can't help but smile and shake your head.

LOL

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home