Saturday, November 11, 2006

Lest we forget

Today is Remembrance day here in Canada. Please take a moment to remember those who died for our freedom....

The Remembrance Day ceremony is something that we always attend every year. This year was no exception. But for the first time as long as I can remember, it feels like this day is starting to change. All my life, I've associated veterans with old people who fought in WW2 long ago. Decades before I was even born.


But now... there are so many that have died for us and for Canada in war, MANY of whom are younger than me. I think from now on, this day will be taking on a whole new significance as the people we are remembering are so much closer to home to these newer generations.


I personally do not support war. Call me hippy if you wish. BUT... I always have respected and admired those with the courage to choose to go out and risk their lives for us. I have utmost respect for them.


So I urge all you Canadians in the upcoming years... take 1 hour of your lives each Nov 11 to hear the rifles or cannons, and pay respect to those who gave their lives for us. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter Chung said...

That cannon shot looks like a flame thrower :) Nice timing! ++

9:20 PM  
Blogger Becky Waurio said...

This is a great post! It is so important to remember those that defend freedom - no matter how we feel about the war. Love the DOF in the first picture! ++Becky

12:33 PM  
Blogger LuckyRedHen said...

When I see soldiers in uniform I get teary-eyed. Thanks for the reminder ++ :o)

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home