Sunday, October 22, 2006

Jess and Jason's Wedding!

What a fantastic day it was spending it with Jess and Jason! Jess was one of the most relaxed brides I have ever seen. Things that would be considered wedding disasters to most hardly affected Jess' supremely pleasant mood. (The cake company forgot to give the whole cake!) The theme of the day seemed to be: 'have fun'. The Adam Sandler movie "The Wedding Singer" was playing in the background as the girls got their hair done while listening to Adam scream out the song, "Love Stinks"... LOL
The ceremony was beautiful and was at the Cochrane Ranchehouse... a great venue in a beautiful prairie landscape. The hugely backlit ceremony wreaked havoc on lighting, autofocus and lens flaring but I managed to survive. Crazy!! Here's the newly married couple leaving the ceremony! (They survived too!)


I was so impressed with Jess. It was NOT a warm day AT ALL. It was 6C (43F) and windy, which made it feel even COLDER! But she stuck it out for about an hour outside in her very pretty sleeveless dress! Whoa, seriously tough girl!


Did I say it was windy??? Haha


The reception was fun too, and was also at the Ranchehouse. The first wedding I've been to where there was SUSHI available! That was awesome! I would have SERIOUSLY pigged out if I weren't so busy taking pictures and putting together a slideshow quickly using Showit Effects.


All in all, I'd say the day was a WIN. Everyone was happy and had a great time. Jason and his groomsmen never failed to entertain with their great (and somewhat odd) sense of humour. ;)

Thanks again Jess and Jason for the great time, the patience with the cold weather, the laughs, the great food, and for giving me the honour of photographing your awesome day! I hope we can keep in touch!

Have a couple minutes? Check out the short wedding slideshow if you are so inclined! Let me know what you think!

Jess and Jason's SLIDESHOW!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jill Higgins said...

I love the backlit bride and groom. What a wonderful bride - great job! :)

8:05 AM  
Blogger Dustin Izatt said...

Beautiful work, my favorite is the one of the bride and groom dancing. Great use of light!! ++

1:08 PM  
Blogger Jillian Kay said...

awesome! i love the first one of the bride getting ready, and all the windy veil shots. ++:)

11:53 AM  
Blogger Gavin Seim said...

Like the perspective on that top shot with the bride... Great work...
Gavin

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home