Monday, March 26, 2007

Camera fixed!!! yay!!! =)

Man I'm so stoked.

The camera which I managed to destroy after two days of ownership (details can be seen HERE) is now back to life! The nerdy geek in me refused to let this camera go to waste, so I got my hands on another busted camera and hoped that I could make one that works out of two that don't...

Some of the carnage after I ripped them apart:



Man, I can't believe how many screws can exist in such a small space. These tiny things are really crammed and difficult to work on:



SWEEEET! It works! But it actually didn't work the first time I re-assembled it. It wouldn't take a picture and the screen was blank. After opening, I found the ribbon cable for the CCD sensor wasn't in tight enough. But it's all good now!



So Merry took a camera and took a picture of me working like crazy. She said I was "too fast for film!" Yup, I guess I'm awesome or something... LOL ;)



And then she shot me testing it out and looking stupid yet again... Apparently I'm really good at that. Hahaha



So beware. Point and shoot power here we come! I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this tiny thing...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's HOPE you work faster than a 2-second shutter! That would be BAD if I could take a 2 second exposure and you weren't moving at all. Maybe I should tell people it was a 1/250 shutter - then they would think you are super-hero fast. ha ha ha. ( :
I LOVE "too fast for film" shots.
Merry

11:33 PM  
Blogger Mrs Lui said...

Wow... impressive. Maybe you can fix Paul's A95. It fizzed on him recently.

See you two soon!

3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's some impressive repair work. I wouldn't have a clue on where to start!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home