Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ski trip!

Merry organized an awesome ski trip for my 30th birthday, and some other childhood friends who were also having a birthday around now. We stayed at the hidden ridge resort in banff! We all squeezed into the small chalet.

In addition to me, Kathy, Steve, and Sally were also celebrating birthdays:


I got to smash a Pinata that Jared brought that was full of hot wheels (as I'm a car and racing nut) and... umm... some other questionable joke items. (Can you identify the box?)


Merry and I, tired after a long ski day at Lake Louise:


The guys having a ummm.... bonding moment... lol


Day 2 comes around and we head to Sunshine. This time only 5 of us go, and Geoff joins the crowd. I was excited to bring my BRAND NEW camera, a little $175 Canon A540 point and shoot. Much easier to carry around than my regular rig.


There's Ron, navigating through the moguls and trees we frequented.


Geoff takes a jump:


Steve recovering from that same jump.. haha


Clem trying to pick up speed


Geoff running through some dead trees:


Very soon after these pictures, I wiped out and landed on my camera. Ouch! It lasted a whole 2 days! It's totally busted and won't even turn on. Next time you try to ski down a hill backwards while taking action pictures... don't. LOL

2 Comments:

Blogger abcdef said...

Can you send some snow down to Atlanta? We haven't have had a snow all year and seeing these pics makes me so jealous!

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lloyd, the "stuff" in the background is for your own good. You're the only one that thinks it's a prank. Doctor's orders. Merry probably requested it.

Sorry about the cam. What a bummer. Sell it on eBay. I am sure someone has a broken LCD or something they need to replace!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home