Thursday, March 08, 2007

Birthday Present!

For my birthday, Merry got me a new aquarium!! YEAH!!

I used to have a standard 25 gallon tank, but I was outgrowing that size and reached the limits of what I was doing. Now I have a 54 gallon corner tank! So it's over double the capacity and now it takes up much less space than the old one! Sweet!!

Check out how nicely it fits into this corner!



Everyone asks, "are you doing saltwater"? The answer is NO. We like planted freshwater tanks for their natural flora beauty. They are difficult to maintain and require much attention, quite like saltwater though. I still have much to learn.



So where are the fish? Well, we currently have two, who like to hide in all the logs so they're not in the picture. But after the tank becomes more established, I'd like to have about 20 small, little fishies swimming around. They won't be the feature... more of an accent.

I love beautiful aquariums because they are Zen. Looking into one brings on this total sense of calm and relaxation... it's wonderful. If you don't have the same feelings on this, you have probably only been exposed to overpopulated or poorly maintained tanks.

Everyone should have one in their home. If I become dictator of the world, this would be law. Hahaha.

Thanks Merry!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, if I were dictator of the world, I would mandate world peace and daily flossing. ha ha ha. The aquarium looks awesome babe. I love how it looks in the corner and the lighting system on this one is perfect, I love the way it lights up the room! It's almost like it was MY birthday, except not enough chocolate. ( :
- Merry

11:50 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Nice gift~
It looks very refreshing
and beautiful!

Nice job on the photos Lloyd obba^^

1:29 AM  
Blogger Mrs Lui said...

Happy Belated Birthday Lloyd obba!

Sorry for the late congrats. We'll have to treat you to a nice meal when you and Merry are here! Can't wait. I LOVE the aquarium!! I wish we had one too. Maybe you can show us the ropes eh? Oh...and give us some tips on photography. You do such great work!

See you two soon!

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home