Sunday, February 25, 2007

Stacey and Chris's wild wedding!

The first thing I thought when Stacey and Chris booked was, "Wow, they sure are brave to have a February wedding!" If you live in Alberta, then you'll know February has the most unpredictable weather of any month, and could easily be -35 degrees. Well, just our luck, the weather was beautiful! A balmy -6 degrees and clear(ish) skies!

The day started at Jerome's Salon on 17th in Calgary:



Then we cut over to meet the guys. They were all ready... the rest of the morning was about video games and beer. Here they are doing what they do best, clowning around:



The wedding was at Heritage Point golf club, south of Calgary. It was a beautiful ceremony.



One of the most amazing parts were the details! Snow was the theme and everything was decked out so beautifully by Stacey's sister and mom. It was awesome!



Stacey blew me away that night by VOLUNTEERING to take photos outside. The sun had fallen by then and it was likely around -15 with a breeze. My hands were SO cold I could BARELY press the shutter button to take a picture. Meanwhile, Stacey was fine and kept asking ME if I was ok. I don't feel so tough anymore... and I LIKE the cold! hahaha





The night was filled with many many laughs.



Here is their first dance as a married couple.



Stacey's mom, Susan, warned me that her entire family knows how to party. My goodness, she wasn't exaggerating. It was wild the entire night!



So thanks to both you guys! We had such a fun time hanging out all day! The wedding was beautiful, as were the details! (Great work Melissa and Susan!) Merry and I were amazed at how much energy, laughter, and fun ALL you guys carried with you. We thank you for the great times!

Click HERE to view a short slideshow of the entire day's events!

5 Comments:

Blogger Coz Swifka said...

Lloyd!!! These are beautiful! You captured some amazing light..wow!
Yeah, I was thinkin' about you today, wishing you were in Mexico too...It was quite the experience. You can check out more on Jessica Claire or Liana Helman's blogs too.
Adios!

4:23 AM  
Blogger abcdef said...

Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend's Mother. Hang in there though. I'm glad that my quote helped you in some way.

These wedding pics are amazing. I love the one of the wine glasses on the table, and the all the blues that you have in your pics are so beautiful. Great job!

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you weren't kidding about the windows!! Awesome work as unusual. Need I say more?

Isn't that the same guy that did Rob's wedding?

9:53 AM  
Blogger Rob and Lauren said...

love the groosmen one! nicely done!

cheers,
rob&lauren

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home