Tuesday, November 06, 2007

POTN meet/workshop in Albany, NY!

So I went to NY for a cool little workshop in wedding shooting. The segment I was teaching was in creative lighting for wedding portraits. I had an absolute blast and loved meeting everyone!

We had three models come in, and 6 wedding gowns provided by a local bridal shop. It was held at the VERY beautiful Desmond Hotel and Conference Centre.

Here are a couple pics from the weekend. In this exercise I purposely placed our model, Heather, in the ugliest place I could find on the grounds, which was the parking lot infront of the big red shuttle bus. (Photo courtesy of Suzie Bastian)


And the point of the exercise was using creative lighting to get the most out of any location you are in.


Another parking lot shot. This is Mariah.


And we shot some indoors too, This is Amanda.


Here I am laughing at something (I forget what, I laugh at everything... hahaha) with some lighting gear close at hand. Thank you to Michael Umansky who let me use his lightstand for the day. (Photo courtesy of Sebastian Blais Photography)


And a couple behind the scenes shots:




To all my new friends: THANK you so much! I had SO much fun, and can't wait to see you again. Be sure to show me your new wedding shots with lighting taken to the next level! Then we'll get back together again and move on to multi-light setups!

1 Comments:

Blogger Charis Photography said...

Looks like you had fun Lloyd!!! Would have loved to be there by the looks of it!!! I love that 1st photo you showed with the model and the moody sky. Lot's of photogs use video lights now for their work but since I'm a one man team, I've yet to find a way of incorporating this technique into my work without lugging around heavy lightstands and stuff!!! hahaha

I'm glad you had fun there!!! :o)

cheers,

Lucas

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home