Friday, February 05, 2010

Introducing our new... TOASTER!!!

Yeah I know, a toaster? What can I say? Simple pleasures for simple minds?

But this one is NEAT! We use the toaster a lot so we decided that it should be on our counter 24/7, so we thought we'd get something that matched the style of our house. Our old, 99 year old house that is.

So behold! Our new (but old) 1939 Sunbeam T-9 toaster!

Copyright(C) 2010 Night and Day Photography

It makes some MEAN toast, and does an especially good job of Merry's gluten free bread, which is difficult to toast.

Why doesn't anyone make appliances with any character anymore? (Aside from the Artisan mixer it shares the counter with, sitting in the background)

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

MAN! Look at that GLEAM!

Where do you get toaster-chrome??

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Lloyd - Edmonton Wedding Photographers said...

LOL... toaster chrome!

So many things came in Chrome back in the day... when they actually made appliances with style! I love this thing!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

Love it Lloyd ....

12:28 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

At least you're not naked in the reflection.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Lloyd said...

Hahaha, yeah I remember the naked seller. Nope, I tried to somewhat hide myself in the reflection. That thing is too shiny!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

LOL... I love this post, because I like how you sound really happy about your new toaster. Great pic of the toaster, btw... =)

I wish to bake something for Merry, but I remember that she is allergic to gluten. I have a gluten-free recipe cupcake (if she likes cupcakes)...

~ Kristine & Josh

8:10 AM  
Blogger Lloyd said...

Gluten free cupcakes? Don't tempt her!

And yes, I get excited about some of the stupidest things. My sister's favourite line to describe me is, "You're weird". hahaha. Sums it up well.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home